- Job Reference: GR011905
- Location: Abberdeenshire
- Salary Info: Dependent on Experience
- Job Type: Permanent
My client, an established food processor, has an opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to join their team in Aberdeenshire, Scotland as Head of Technical.
Reporting to the Company Directors, you will have direct reports of: Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Systems Manager, Technical Account Managers, Laboratory Manager.
The Head of Technical is responsible for the governance and strategy of the technical department. Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Identifying and setting the business quality management system objectives.
- Identifying the department objectives and linking them to the technical strategy and business quality management system objectives.
- Setting the objectives for each team member and identifying a clear path for their development.
- Mentoring individuals within the technical team.
- Ensuring that manufacturing is conducted legally by remaining aware of any changes to legislation and/or guidelines and making the appropriate changes as and when necessary.
- HACCP Team Leader.
- Developing other members of the technical team so they are competent in HACCP.
- Completing supplier audits.
- Developing other members of the technical team so they are competent in completing supplier audits.
The Head of Technical will have Skills/Personal Attributes of:
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- A passion for mentoring and developing individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Professional approach and attitude.
- Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
- Extensive experience working in a technical role is essential, particularly in a food environment and proven experience with mentoring and developing individuals is also essential.
- HACCP Level 4
- Extensive experience of BRC and retail audit requirements (multiple retailers).
- Sound knowledge of food legislation standards.
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate.
The Hours of Work for the Head of Technical will be flexible and dependant on the candidate. Other particulars:
- Full driving licence would be preferred.
- The post holder must be willing to travel as and when it is required.
- On occasions there will be a requirement for the post holder to be flexible with their working hours to fit with the needs of the business.
The Package available to the successful candidate for the role of Head of Technical is Competitive and depending on experience. Also included is Pension, Full relocation package if required and 30 days annual leave (including statutory holidays) if full time. This will be prorated accordingly.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join an established and independent company as Head of Technical.
For more information or to apply, please contact Karen on 02393877595 to discuss this opportunity further.
Grapefruit Recruitment Limited is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds.